The wounding system encompasses stun effects, pain, unconsciousness, bleeding, cardiac arrest (heart failure), body dragging, as well as the new medical system, which includes medical appliances to treat the various health effects. What's working:
- CPR action
- Trauma bandages
- Combat Application Tourniquets
- Blackouts (AI and players may wake up, depending on damage state, including FX effects for blackouts and bleeding)
- Drag unconscious units
- Carry unconscious units
- Pull unconscious units out of vehicles
- No magic healing for medics
- Sounds associated with wounding effects
- Medic boxes with bandages, mash and medic vehicles have their set of medic stuff (currently the same as in ACE 1)
If not too badly wounded and possessing the appropriate supplies, you can self-treat via the action menu. Others can use the ACE interaction system to examine and treat you as well.
Wounds System behaves best if you have "Extended Armor"Â disabledÂ in the Difficulty Settings.
- Wounds Overhaul Part-1: Core (Included in v1.7)
- Wounds OverhaulÂ Part-2: Advanced Medic Module (Future)
- Improve alertness, teamwork, coordination, logistics
- Greater effect of being wounded (reducing combat effectiveness)
- Less magic healing
- Healing seperate from bandaging, new item required for healing, currently 'Medkit'. Medic has them, crates and medical facilities have them.
- Medic more important (e.g No self-heal as non-medic. Original game doesn't allow a non medic person to heal himself either)
- Medical facilities important (for full heal)
- Easier unconscious due to bloodloss increased by movement -> need to bandage asap
- Lethality; Head > Body > Legs & Hands
- Knock down on hit while moving
- Reduced aiming precision or inability to walk
- Wounds module enables core wounding simulation, object- and globalvariable overrides are available.
Bleeding / Bandaging
- RequiresÂ Bandage or Combat Application Tourniquet
- Bandaging does not heal, only stop bleeding
- You can stop bleeding yourself when damage is under 30%
- Someone else needs to bandage you when damage is over 30%
- Movement and speed of movement increases blood loss (player-only atm)
- Low blood pressure means unconsciousness. Need epinephrine
- Blood loss from the actual bullet impact, next to the bloodloss over time from the wound.
Pain / Morphine
- RequiresÂ Morphine
Damage / Healing
- RequiresÂ Medkit
- A medic can heal you in the field (medic important)
- Anyone can heal you at a medical facility (teamwork)
- Healing is not to 100%, except when at a medical facility (teamwork, logistics)
- Able to abort the healing process, leaving the target damaged.
- RequiresÂ EpinephrineÂ (wake up/bloodflow) andÂ BandageÂ (to stop the bleeding so he doesn't keep going unconscious)
- Caused by bloodloss
- In SinglePlayerÂ you can bandage yourself even with heavydamage if you have item.